Did you know that PTSD – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, affects more than just service members in the military? PTSD results from exposure to a traumatic event, such as divorce – which could impact on how children’s lives unfold.
Dr. Robert J. Cipriano Jr. (www.simcipgroup.com), a preeminent Licensed Psychologist in Florida who specializes in police psychology and works for one of the largest police departments in the Southeastern part of the United States, shares his knowledge, experience and expertise on this manageable and treatable disorder.
Dr. Cipriano draws on his years of field experience to explain how trauma and violence can impact an individual’s psychological wellbeing; specifically recognizing signs and symptoms of the disorder, how it manifests, and how to work and interact with those who may suffer from it.
- How to recognize the symptoms of PTSD
- How stigma affects those that suffer from PTSD
- Growing up in a household with someone who has PTSD
- Helping children cope when a parent has PTSD
- The myths and magical thoughts that others may have surrounding PTSD, especially stigma
- Enhancing of Communication Skills & Interpersonal Relations
Join Deborah and Steve on the journey to understand this disorder. Could you or a loved one have experienced PTSD as a result of a high conflict divorce or a traumatic event in your past? Listen and learn, as Dr. Cipriano so wisely comments – “Education is empowerment, and empowerment can overcome fear, hopelessness and helplessness”.
Dr. Cipriano can be reached at info@SIMCIPGROUP.COM
To listen click on the link: